The purpose of the USAO Alumni Association is to perpetuate and promote the interests of the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma; to provide leadership for the alumni to unite in their efforts to support and to strengthen the University; to disseminate information that will keep the alumni well informed about the University and the Association; to encourage students to apply for admission to the University; and to take other action as may be deemed beneficial for the advancement of the University and the Association.
The Association collaborates with the University for the fall alumni reunion, class projects, alumni scholarship program and through other projects and partnerships.
The USAO Alumni Association is a 501(c)(3) not for profit incorporation. All people who attended the Oklahoma College for Women, Oklahoma College of Liberal Arts and/or the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma are part of the Association. Active members (life members and those who have paid annual dues) are eligible to vote for and serve on the Board of Directors and to vote on other Association issues.
The first association of alumni members was born on the afternoon of May 18, 1917, in the college library, then located on the third floor of the Administration Building (Troutt Hall), according to university archives. Six of the seven graduates of the school were present. Alumni dues were set at 50 cents per year. The group incorporated in 1995.