Majors > Fine and Performing Arts
USAO has a vibrant and engaging music program. The program’s mission is to train students to be capable and effective music educators and to prepare graduates for the workplace or for graduate study in music. All of USAO’s full-time music faculty members hold the terminal degree in their field. In addition, USAO has superb music facilities and two degree tracks in music that students may pursue.
A second part of the program’s mission is to support the overall mission of USAO by providing coursework and ensemble participation opportunities, thereby enhancing the liberal arts curriculum and encouraging engagement in the arts for the general student population. The USAO music program and other arts programs serve as the arts hub for the area, enriching the lives of local citizens through concerts, art shows and theater productions.
Why Major in Music at USAO
- Small classes with lots of individual attention
- No teaching assistants. All classes and private instruction are with highly qualified instructors
- Many opportunities for performing
- Excellent facilities
- All full time music faculty members have doctoral degrees.
- Many scholarships are available for incoming freshman and returning music students
- Nearly 100% placement of students graduating with teacher certification
- Many cultural and musical experiences through the Davis-Waldorf Performing Arts Series
- USAO is one of the 600-plus institutions nationally accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- The music program is part of the broad-based liberal arts focus at USAO
Exciting and rewarding performance opportunities are available through participation in the Concert Choir, Concert Band, Pep Band, Showband, Vocal Jazz Ensemble, Key Players synthesizer ensemble, Opera Scenes Class and Music Theatre Productions. In addition, the music program often offers special performance classes.
Note: Items on this page and page links are intended for informational purposes only. Please consult the current USAO catalog for actual class requirements for this or any other major field of study. Current USAO students should consult their advisor.
- American Indian Studies
- Deaf Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Natural Science
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Speech-language Pathology
- Teacher Certification- Art
- Teacher Certification- English
- Teacher Certification- Math
- Teacher Certification- Music
- Teacher Certification- P.E.
- Teacher Certification- Science
- Teacher Certification- Social Studies
- Theatre Arts
The Division of Arts and Humanities
1727 West Alabama
Chickasha, OK 73018-5322
Associate Professor of Music, Music Department Coordinator
Professor of Art
Professor of Communication
Associate Professor of Theatre Arts
Professor of Music
Professor of Music
Associate Professor of Art, Art Department Coordinator
Chair of the Division of Arts and Humanities and Professor of Music
Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS)