Majors > Performance
Drama at USAO is a competitive, student-centered, high-energy program designed to provide hands-on experience in support of a solid academic foundation in Theatre through the Liberal Arts. This interdisciplinary program awards the Bachelor of Arts degree in Drama. Students create an emphasis for their degree by working with their advisor to choose electives that supplement required core survey courses.
- Three main-stage productions each season chosen to directly support the classroom curriculum.
- Classic plays of many styles, musical theatre and one-act festivals.
- Auditions for each production are open to all members of the campus community.
- Join our Drama Club and our local Cast of Alpha Psi Omega, The National Honor Society for Theatre.
- One-on-one career counseling with the faculty.
- The ultimate goal for each graduate is to enter an internship graduate program or professional position that takes them into a career.
Note: Items on this page and page links are intended for informational purposes only. Please consult the current USAO catalog for actual class requirements for this or any other major field of study. Current USAO students should consult their advisor.
Career PossibilitiesActing Coach, Actor, and Director
- American Indian Studies
- Deaf Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Natural Science
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Speech-language Pathology
- Teacher Certification- Art
- Teacher Certification- English
- Teacher Certification- Math
- Teacher Certification- Music
- Teacher Certification- P.E.
- Teacher Certification- Science
- Teacher Certification- Social Studies
- Theatre Arts
Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS)