2011-2012 CALL FOR PRESENTERS
USAO’s Third Annual Festival of Arts and Ideas invites your proposals for creative and scholarly presentations for our fall festival.
The Great Minds
Oct. 11 & 13, 2011
A Festival of Arts and Ideas celebrating those who impress, influence, and inspire us.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: SEPT 13, 2011
The Festival program seeks to highlight USAO faculty, staff, students and/or alumni. Members of the campus community are encouraged also to reach out to contributors from off-campus in support of their presentation. The more diversity featured in the Festival, the better USAO’s interdisciplinary approach is represented. Ideally, the Festival would include representatives from every academic division and/or discipline.
Each evening’s festival will last only 60-120 minutes, featuring 5-6 presenters. The ideal presentation length is 15 minutes maximum.
Presentations can include: workshops, demonstrations, guided exhibits or installations, lecture, performance of creative work (dance, music, drama, poetry, etc.)
Members of the Festival of Arts and Ideas Committee will evaluate and rate each submission based on how well the proposed program meets the following criteria.
1. Title/Format/Theme - The proposal follows the format described in the call for proposals and the theme of the conference. The title is catchy.
2. Goal of Presentation - The proposal states the goal of the presentation.
3. Content/Organization - The proposal provides a clear description of the content and style of the presentation.
4. Participant Objectives - The proposal states what participants will learn/experience from this session.
5. Timeliness of Topic - The proposal enlivens its topic with contemporary scholarship and/or creative presentation.
6. Research Base - The proposal includes up to date research, if applicable.
7. Audience Appeal - The description of the session will appeal to the targeted audience. The session will include audience engagement and/or participation, if applicable.
8. Aligned with FAI - The proposal is aligned with the FAI mission as stated below.
Please encourage your students and alumni contacts to participate.
Proposals are to be submitted to the committee via Rhenada Finch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first 2011-12 meeting of the Festival of Arts and Ideas Committee will be on September 15, 2011 at 11 a.m. in Davis 227. Please plan to attend if you would like to serve on this committee.
New members welcome!
The goal of the Festival of Arts and Ideas is to celebrate the distinctive learning environment at USAO by presenting the scholarly and creative work of our faculty, students, and alumni in a unique interdisciplinary conference featuring performances, lectures, discussions, workshops, and exhibits reflecting and exemplifying the Liberal Arts mission of the college. This Festival will enrich the cultural landscape of our campus and community and increase the quality of student life by involving audiences in an educational and delightful experience of arts and ideas drawing inspiration from throughout history and across broad cultural and physical geography.