USAO Alumni Association, Inc.
The USAO Alumni Association, Inc. is a member driven, Oklahoma not for profit organization uniting alumni of the Oklahoma College for Women, Oklahoma College of Liberal Arts and the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma with each other and the university through networking, social engagement, sharing of information and news and giving opportunities through scholarships, special projects, volunteerism, student recruitment and other support.
For almost 100 years, the Association has worked to strengthen USAO and its students through special projects and scholarships. The Association collaborates with the university for alumni reunions, class projects and programs that benefit current students.
The Alumni Association Board of Directors provides leadership and vision for the more than 9,000 active alumni across the United States and the nation.
The USAO Alumni Association is a 501(c)(3) not for profit incorporation. All people who attended the Oklahoma College for Women, Oklahoma College of Liberal Arts and/or the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma are part of the Association. Active members (Minerva members, life members and those who have paid annual dues) are eligible to vote for and serve on the board of directors and to vote on other Association issues.
The first association of alumni members was born on the afternoon of May 18, 1917, in the college library, then located on the third floor of the Administration Building (Troutt Hall), according to university archives. Six of the seven graduates of the school were present. Alumni dues were set at 50 cents per year. The group incorporated in 1995.
Membership in the Association is encouraged and is a great way to give back to USAO.