The Bill & Pat Smith Scholar-Athlete Scholarship
The Bill and Pat Smith Scholar-Athlete Scholarship Award seeks to recognize and honor students who excel in combining scholastic and athletic achievement while studying and competing at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma. The award also aims to inspire future generations of student-athletes to achieve high standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and citizenship.
Nature of Award
The Bill and Pat Smith Scholar-Athlete Scholarships are presented each year to one outstanding male and one outstanding female student-athlete. Nominee must uphold high ideals in the categories of scholarship, citizenship, and athletic competition while meeting the following requirements:
- Be a sophomore or junior
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have represented the University well in all aspects of student life
- Be an individual whose life is reflective of the USAO creed: Physical, Spiritual, Mental, Social
- Have made a significant contribution to their team while competing in one or more of USAO’s intercollegiate sports
- Have observed high standards of sportsmanship on the field of competition
- Have lettered at USAO for at least one season of competition
Any USAO faculty member or coach may nominate a student for the Bill and Pat Smith Scholar-Athlete Scholarship. (Please refer to the list of eligible student-athletes below.) Nominations with missing information will not be considered, so please fill out this nomination form completely. This form is used in choosing the recipients, so please be as thorough as possible. Information needed to complete this form can be obtained by contacting various administrative offices on campus, including the Registrar’s Office and the Office of Sports Information. ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 15th. A committee chaired by the Vice President for Academic Affairs will select and announce the winner each July.