Commitment to Diversity Award
The Purpose of the Commitment to Diversity Award is to recognize a USAO student who has exhibited awareness and appreciation for diversity and inclusion in their activities and performance in and outside the classroom setting. This award recognizes efforts related to racial, ethnic, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity diversity. Involvement may be exhibited through student programs and events, service learning, academics or community interactions.
• An activity or effort that promotes awareness and appreciation of diversity in coursework, on campus and in the local community.
• The quality of dedication of service given to diversity.
• The program or activity made a specific impact to an individual or group of people.
• Must be a current full-time USAO student in good academic and judicial standing.
• The student must have performed diversity criteria within the current academic year.
• Must be active in the campus community.
• At time of award, completed 15 credit hours.
To apply, please write a one-page essay explaining how your program or activity meets the required criteria.