Nancy Hector Assoc. Professor of Education & Coordinator of Field-Based Experiences
Dr. Hector has been a full-time faculty member at USAO since 1998. Before joining the USAO faculty full-time, she worked as an adjunct faculty member for the college. Dr. Hector became Coordinator of Clinical Experiences in 2003. She also has served as a teacher, director of school and director of preschool at Epworth Christian School in Chickasha and as a teacher at Alex Public Schools and Rush Springs Public Schools. She was also the lead teacher of the USAO Child Development Center during an experimental project conducted in conjunction with the Speech & Language Pathology department.
She is a member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, Oklahoma Association for the Early Childhood Teacher Educators, American Association of University Women, Reading Teacher International, Grady County Reading Council and the Higher Education Alumni Council of Oklahoma.
In 2009, Hector released a children's book title Juniper, a story about an inauspicious elf, eager to find his niche in life. The 103-page book is published by Tate Publishing and Enterprises and is available at their website -- www.tatepublishing.com and at the USAO Bookstore.
She is a member of the Hypatia Selection Committee, Teacher Education Committee, Festival of Arts and Ideas Committee, Faculty Association Tenure Committee at USAO.
In 2013, Hector with Teacher Education Faculty initiated Co-Teaching at USAO.
Hector has two children and lots of nieces and nephews who have given her inspiration for her stories. She lives in Chickasha with her husband, dog, and three cats.
- Ed.D, Child and Youth Studies, Nova Southeastern University, 2002 Emphasis in Child and Youth Studies
- M.Ed, Education, Phillips University, 1975
- BS, Elementary Educ. and Early Childhood Educ., Okla. College of Liberal Arts, 1972
- Applied Professional Studies
- Level 1 Clinical Experiences
- Clinical Experiences II
- Early Childhood Education: Curriculum and Program Planning
- Human Development & Learning (Not required for Early Childhood Education)
- Language Arts In the Elementary Schools
- Literature For Young People
- Professional Trimester/ Student Teaching in the Elementary School
- Professional Trimester/ Student Teaching in the Secondary School
"Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity." -Aristotle