Katie DavisAssociate Professor of Theatre Arts
Katie Davis has more than 20 years of experience in professional, academic, and community theatre and has been the coordinator of the USAO Theatre Arts Program since 2006. Before coming to Chickasha, she was the artistic director and business manager for Corinth Theatre-Arts in Corinth, Mississippi.
Katie was a graduate instructor at the University of Mississippi and at the University of Texas at El Paso. She began her teaching career as a Visiting Instructor and Director of Theatre at Juniata College in 1996.
Katie has worked with The People's Light and Theatre Company in Philadelphia and with The Hangar Theatre and Rockwell Productions, both based in New York. She was the artistic director of the Women’s Theatre Ensemble Project in El Paso, Texas, and performed with the El Paso-based touring company, Theatre, Inc. Her areas of research and interest include Creativity, Drama Therapy, Womens Studies, Philosophy, and Mixed Martial Arts.
- MFA, Directing, University of Mississippi, 2002
- MA, Theatre Arts, University of Texas at El Paso, 1996
- BA, Theatre Arts, Juniata College, 1993
- Alpha Psi Omega
- Phi Kappha Phi
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- American Association of Community Theatre
- American Association of University Professors
- American Association of University Women
- Oklahoma Speech, Theatre, Communication Association
- Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (Alumna)
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint
The greats were great because they paint a lot