Microsoft Office 2007 is now available in the Student Computing labs at USAO. Get prepared by understanding the new features, downloading the compatibility pack and getting links to guides, tips and frequently asked questions.
If you share an Access database with other users, ensure that those users are all using Office Access 2007 before you convert the database to the Access 2007 file format. You cannot use the Access 2007 file format in earlier versions of Access.
- Converting an Access 2007 database to an earlier file format
Microsoft FrontPage 2002 will not be available for use in the computer labs, since FrontPage is no longer being produced by Microsoft. It will however continue to be supported into the foreseeable future. Nonetheless, this does not mean that Microsoft no longer has a web designing package available anymore.
SharePoint Designer 2007 (for the enterprise information workers) and Expression Web (for the professional Web designer) are the two new web design/authoring software products that Microsoft developed to replace FrontPage. However, these two software programs will not be available in the computer labs. Both of the new programs support only some legacy FrontPage features. They are currently not completely compatible with USAO's main website because some features aren't available in these two new products, such as modifiable themes, shared borders and easy form creation. When Microsoft developed SharePoint Designer and Expression Web, they abandoned future support of FrontPage's special custom features in order to be more compliant with current Web standards.
Both of the new Microsoft web design software products have to be separately purchased and are not part of any of the Office 2007 versions. Both software programs are available individually OR as part of their own separately dedicated software suites from Microsoft :SharePoint Designer 2007 is part of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, and Expression Web is part of Microsoft Expression Studio.
- The Future of FrontPage
- Which Tool is Right For You?
- Expression Web 2 Features
- Expression Web 2 Demos (coming soon) & FAQS
- Learn Microsoft Expression Web
- Quick Start Guide - coming soon
- Compare Expression Web 2 and FrontPage 2003
- Transitioning from FrontPage to Expression Web
- Help, Tutorials and Forums for Expression Web users & Free Expression Web template tutorial
- SharePoint Designer 2007 Product Guide
- SharePoint Designer 2007 Demos & FAQS
- SharePoint Designer 2007 Help
- Webcasts and podcasts: 2007 SharePoint products and technologies
- Compare SharePoint Designer 2007 and FrontPage 2003
- How to publish a SharePoint Designer 2007, an Expression Web, or a FrontPage 2002/2003 Web site to a CD-R or a CD-RW
Disclaimer: This information reflects the installation of Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows deployed at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma as accurately and completely as possible. Future offerings will be updated on this page when available