Microsoft Office 2007 is now available in the Student Computing labs at USAO. Get prepared by understanding the new features, downloading the compatibility pack and getting links to guides, tips and frequently asked questions.
Please select the topic you need to jump to on this page and click on the 'Go' button
Get an introduction to the new look in familiar programs
Self-paced training courses in
Online Microsoft Office 2007 Training
Learn more about the new features in Office 2007 with this online presentation
What's New In Microsoft Office 2007
The menus and toolbars in Office 2007 have been replaced with the Ribbon (a.k.a. FUI - Fluent User Interface). Commands are now organized in groups that are collected together under tabs. Each tab relates to a type of activity, such as writing or laying out a page. To reduce screen clutter, some tabs are shown only when they are needed.
There is no way to delete or replace the Ribbon with the toolbars and menus from the earlier versions of Microsoft Office. However, you can minimize the Ribbon to make more space available on your screen.
Find out more about the new Office 2007 Ribbon:
Wondering where your favorite Office 2003 commands are located in the new 2007 Office system interface?
You can either download the Office Interface Guides to your computer or launch them from the web.
Use these interface guides to compare how you navigated the toolbar in Office 2003 with how you'll find commands in the new Ribbon in Office 2007. Download the guides to your PC or launch them from the web.
Get a list of all Office 2003 menu and toolbar commands and their locations in the 2007 Office system, open one of the mapping workbooks, which you can browse, customize, print, and save on your computer.
-- Microsoft Word 2007 Solution Center --
* How to change the default font and font size in Microsoft Word
* How to change the default line spacing in Microsoft Word 2007
* How to add page numbers, headers or footers to your documents in Microsoft Word
* How to find help when fonts in an Office 2007 program may not appear as clear as expected
* How to find help when an add-in does not work as expected, or it is not installed in Word 2007
* How to troubleshoot damaged documents in Word 2007
* How to manually change the capitalization of text
* How to stop (or start) Word 2007 from automatically capitalizing the first letter of sentences
* How to do a mail merge in Word 2007 to create personalized letters
* How to change the default color scheme of the Microsoft Word 2007 user interface
* How to get rid of tracked changes in Word 2007 documents
-- Microsoft Excel 2007 Solution Center --
* How to create a chart in Microsoft Excel 2007
* How to repair a corrupted Microsoft Excel workbook
* How to change the default color scheme of the Microsoft Excel 2007 user interface
-- Microsoft Outlook 2007 Help & How-To's --
* How to change the default font and font size for new emails and replies in Microsoft Outlook 2007
* How to create a signature for outgoing email messages in Microsoft Outlook 2007
* How to create an Electronic Business Card for outgoing messages in Microsoft Outlook 2007 - watch and learn (video)
* How to use the mail merge feature to send out personalized emails (using Microsoft Word 2007)
* How to change the default color scheme of the Microsoft Outlook 2007 user interface
* How to use the Junk Mail feature in Outlook 2007
* Download the update to synchronize your Palm handheld (PDA) with Microsoft Outlook 2007 (NOTE: free download)
-- Also see: Palm's Synchronization Support webpage for Microsoft Outlook
-- Also see: 'Documents to Go' v10 adds Office 2007 support for Palm handhelds PDAs (NOTE: not a free download)
-- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 Help & How To's--
* How to reuse slides in PowerPoint 2007 from another (old or new) PowerPoint slideshow
-- Also see: http://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/books/advancedpowerpoint200701.html#reusing
* Add video and audio narration using Microsoft Producer (BETA) for Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
* How to change the capitalization of text
* How to change the default color scheme of the Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 user interface
Don't see a question above that you're looking for an answer for? Email us at email@example.com and we'll research the answer for you and include the question (along with answer) in one of the above sections.
Disclaimer: This information reflects the installation of Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows deployed at the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma as accurately and completely as possible. Future offerings will be updated on this page when available