Tips for Everyone
- Hair should be clean and neat.
- Be sure your clothing is clean, pressed and in good repair – being well groomed is essential.
- Good grooming indicates to the employer that you value yourself and your work.
- Clothing should fit well and be comfortable. Natural fabrics such as wool and cotton wear well and look best.
- Shoes should be polished. Make sure the heels aren’t worn and scuffed.
- No missing buttons or lint.
- Freshly bathed with deodorant.
- Don’t forget to remove external tags and tacking stitches from new clothes.
- Clean, manicured fingernails.
- Keep your pockets free of tinkling coins, keys or bulges.
- No gum, candy or cigarettes.
- No visible tattoos or excessive body piercings. (One or two ear piercings is fine for a female).
- Smile, make direct eye contact and have a firm handshake.
- Remember to bring breath mints with you.