USAO’s theatre arts program is unlike any other; we aren’t competitive like larger universities. Our USAO theatre company is like a family unit and I feel more at home here than anywhere else. –Brandon Nalley/Bray-Doyle, OK
This interdisciplinary course of study awards the Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre Arts.
- Students engage in a required survey of core courses in dramatic literature, theatre history, performance study and technical theatre practice.
- Students explore the field of theatre arts and develop an emphasis for their degree by collaboration with their academic advisor.
- Students create their emphasis by combining theatre arts electives and courses from other programs.
- Students act, direct, design and market productions each season - directly supporting the classroom curriculum and providing cultural experiences for the campus and community.
- Students perform in campus productions, regardless of their major. Credit earned working on productions satisfies the artistic expression requirement of the IDS core.
- Students participate in projects by the Drama Club and our local cast of Alpha Psi Omega, the national honor society for theatre.
- Students choose a liberal arts education at USAO because we facilitate the unique opportunity to earn an interdisciplinary degree in theatre arts that is tailored to their interests and career goals and are limited only by their creativity.