USAO’s art program develops intellectual, philosophical and technical strengths of young artists. Well-versed in tradition yet highly innovative, our art faculty have specifically designed their courses to give students a thorough knowledge base they can draw on in their own creative work.
Combined with our distinctive interdisciplinary core curriculum, USAO’s art department provides students with all the skills necessary for success in the 21st century marketplace.
Art students begin on a Bachelor of Art degree track and may apply to the Bachelor of Fine Arts program after their first year. Available concentrations include painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, ceramics, photography, graphic design, computer graphics, expanded media and jewelry.
Why Major in Art at USAO?
- Study diverse artistic methods, techniques and media from both contemporary and historical perspectives.
- Get a thorough knowledge of art history from the ancient world to modern times.
- Participate in frequent exhibitions and other events on campus.
- Organize student-led exhibitions
- Interdisciplinary core courses provide students with the skills needed for the job market.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Learn from a diverse group of instructors.
- Prepare for a variety of career and graduate school opportunities.
- Explore, research and develop a personal vision.
- Professional artist
- Graphic design
- Art Teacher
- Art Historian
- Print Maker