USAO’s multidisciplinary studies program embodies the liberal arts ideal that guides the institution. It allows motivated students to explore a wider breadth of curricular possibilities, working closely with a faculty advisor to customize their degree plan.
With coursework distributed two or more areas of study, students in the MDS program combine their knowledge in unique and interesting ways to promote connections between students and faculty across every academic discipline, as well as the wider community.
Students may apply to the MDS program provided they have completed at least 15 credit hours of college coursework and hold a minimum GPA of 2.50.
Why Major in Multidisciplinary Studies at USAO?
- Create a degree path that is uniquely your own.
- Combine knowledge from different disciplines in new ways.
- Promote interconnection between students, faculty, and the community.
- Gain real-world experience through internships, externships, and other programs.
- Conduct original research with opportunities to present and publish.
- Interdisciplinary core courses provide students with the skills needed for the job market.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Learn from a diverse group of instructors.
- Completely open to the path you pursue.