USAO’s art teacher certification program prepares students to teach art from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. The coursework combines the bachelor’s degree in art with the professional education core required in all of our teacher preparation programs.
The teacher certification program provides students with superior instruction in artistic techniques, theory, and history while also giving them a solid foundation in how to pass on this knowledge in a public school school setting.
All requirements for teacher certification programs are subject to change if new requirements are established by the Oklahoma State Board of Education, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education or the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability (OEQA).
Why Pursue a Teacher Certification in Art at USAO?
- Highly-qualified faculty.
- Broadly based interdisciplinary curriculum prepares effective educators.
- Real-world experience working with children in a classroom setting.
- Develop exceptional skills in research and analysis.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.