USAO’s math teacher certification program prepares students to teach primary and secondary school mathematics from 5th through 12th grades. The coursework combines the bachelor’s degree in mathematics with the professional education core required in all of our teacher preparation programs.
The teacher certification program provides students with superior instruction in mathematics theory and practice while also giving them a solid foundation in how to pass on this knowledge in an elementary and secondary school setting.
All requirements for teacher certification programs are subject to change if new requirements are established by the Oklahoma State Board of Education, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education or the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability (OEQA).
Why Pursue a Teacher Certification in Math at USAO?
- Highly-qualified faculty.
- Broadly based interdisciplinary curriculum prepares effective educators.
- Real-world experience working with children.
- Get real-world education experience through student-teaching courses.
- Work in USAO’s acclaimed Child Development Center.
- Develop exceptional skills in research and analysis.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.