USAO’s teacher certification program in natural science prepares students to teach biology, physics, chemistry, earth science, physical science and general science to 6th through 12th graders. The coursework combines the bachelor’s degree in natural science with the professional education core required in all of our teacher preparation programs.
The teacher certification program provides students with superior instruction in natural science theory and practice while also giving them a solid foundation in how to pass on this knowledge in an elementary and secondary school setting.
All requirements for teacher certification programs are subject to change if new requirements are established by the Oklahoma State Board of Education, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education or the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability (OEQA).
Why Pursue a Teacher Certification in Natural Science at USAO?
- Highly-qualified faculty.
- Broadly based interdisciplinary curriculum prepares effective educators.
- Real-world experience working with children.
- Get real-world education experience through student-teaching courses.
- Work in USAO’s acclaimed Child Development Center.
- Develop exceptional skills in research and analysis.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.