USAO’s teacher certification program in physical education qualifies individuals to teach the subject to students from kindergarten through 12th grade. The coursework combines the bachelor’s degree in physical education with the professional education core required in all of our teacher preparation programs.
Physical education imparts knowledge concerning good health practices, the efficient use of body mechanics, and the maintenance and sharpening of the skills necessary for an active life.
The teacher certification program provides students with superior instruction in physical education while also giving them a solid foundation in how to pass on this knowledge in an elementary and secondary school setting.
All requirements for teacher certification programs are subject to change if new requirements are established by the Oklahoma State Board of Education, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education or the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability (OEQA).
Why Pursue a Teacher Certification in Physical Education at USAO?
- Highly-qualified faculty.
- Broadly based interdisciplinary curriculum prepares effective educators.
- Real-world experience working with children.
- Get real-world education experience through student-teaching courses.
- Work in USAO’s acclaimed Child Development Center.
- Develop exceptional skills in research and analysis.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.