Young Alumni Award
Young Alumni Award
The USAO Young Alumni Award is presented by the USAO Alumni Association to alumni and former students who attended USAO within the past 15 years. The award is extended in recognition of professional achievement and service to society and the University, which has thus brought honor and distinction to the college.
Criteria for Selection:
1. Up to three honorees may be inducted annually. The Hall of Fame/Young Alumni Committee may choose also to induct posthumously. At the committee’s discretion, others may be selected for recognition.
2. Individuals recommended must be graduates or former students of USAO who have demonstrated leadership, achievement and a strong commitment to the University.
3. Any individual or group may submit a nomination to the USAO Alumni Development Office by May 31. Receipt of all nominations will be acknowledged in writing or via email.
4. While not a mandatory criterion, contributions to the advancement of the University and service to the University and/or Alumni Association may be considered.
5. Members of the USAO Alumni Association Board of Directors are not eligible for this award.
6. The recipient must attend the induction ceremony; the committee will choose an alternate in the event that one of those originally selected cannot attend. (Exceptions may be made at the committee’s discretion, i.e. illness, infirmity.) In the event the original nominee cannot attend, she/he shall be automatically considered for the following year.
7. Nominations will be held and considered for two additional years after submission if not awarded in the same year.
The nomination form must be complete, signed and return by the deadline date. The nomination form should include:
- Nominee’s vita or resume
- At least one (but not more than six) letters of recommendation
- Narrative of not more than six pages outlining the nominee’s:
- Professional achievements
- Professional affiliations and recognitions
- Civic and humanitarian service
- Honors and awards
- Service to USAO and the Alumni Association
- Other significant information
Method of Award:
1. Awards such as commemorative medallions and/or distinctive plaques will be presented during the induction with a ceremony appropriate to the importance and dignity of this honor.
Nomination Form (Please download and print)
Andrea Wood Brock
Amy Brooks Ingram
Susan Waitman Wyant
Larry Brandon Wood
Steven Patrick Sanders
Reza Ross Pourdavood
Linda Brinkman Willis
David Alan Settle
Dr. Roland G. Pourdavood
Todd William Stallbaumer
Angela Long Jeffries
Loretta Y. Jackson
Robert W. Pelley
Twanna R. Bivins
Faye Ellen Hawks
Bradford E. Ableson
Peter M. Cochran
Georgette Brown Horse
Larry Vernon Simmons