Science & Arts’ Theatre Arts program lets students to explore stagecraft through dramatic literature, theatre history, performance study and technical theatre practice. Every student develops their own degree emphasis in close collaboration with their academic advisor.
Students in the program act, direct, design and market complete theatre productions each semester—putting their classroom curriculum into practice and providing cultural experiences for the campus and community. Productions include ancient tragedies, contemporary musicals, and everything in between.
Students pursue a theatre arts degree at Science & Arts because we provide the unique opportunity to earn an interdisciplinary degree tailored to their individual interests and career goals and which is limited only by their creativity.
Why Major in Theatre Arts at Science & Arts?
- Learn the ins and outs of the craft of theatre.
- Gain a solid foundation of theoretical as well as technical skills.
- Customize your degree to suit your interests and career goals.
- Participate in productions each semester.
- Learn the history and technique of great theatre.
- Improve your confidence in front of crowds.
- Learn to see the world through the eyes of different characters.
- Get experience that easily translates to the real world.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Interdisciplinary core courses provide students with the skills needed for the job market.
- Stage Technician
- Sound Technician
- Set Designer
- Costume Designer
- Art Director