As the first full-time director of the Alumni Association, Virginia Embree was a leader in the fund-raising, planning and construction of the Alumni Chapel. She was instrumental in creating the Alumni Hall of Fame and the Alumni Scholarship Program. Miss Embree graduated from Oklahoma College for Women in 1938 with bachelor’s degrees in English and Business. She served the college as Assistant Registrar, and then for eight years as Registrar and Director of Placement Service. During this time, she held the office of secretary of the Oklahoma Association of Collegiate Registrars. After a leave of absence, which she spent in Korea and Washington, D.C., she returned to the campus as the first Alumni Director to meet with alumni, to organize and set up the Alumni Association office, and to do student recruitment. She was responsible for directing the Alumni Association in its project of building the Chapel, and then dedicating it, debt-free, in 1968. She worked very closely with the Chapel Fund Steering Committee. She retired July 1, 1979.