In Science & Arts’s economics program, students with very different worldviews wrestle with complex questions and often disagree on many issues, but they all gain exceptional skills in how to think analytically, thoroughly, and with boundless curiosity into the patterns of behavior emerging from human interaction.
A multidisciplinary social science, economics uses methodology drawn from history, political science, mathematics, philosophy, psychology, sociology and even literature to understand economic processes.
Our economics students graduate well-prepared for careers in business, government, education, banking, and finance. Those pursuing advanced degrees find that law schools and graduate schools are looking for exactly the kind of thoughtful students who attend Science & Arts.
Why Major in Economics at Science & Arts?
- Learn from diverse and dynamic instructors who inspire you to succeed.
- Gain important insight in the forces at work in the modern marketplace.
- Examine the historical changes in economic interaction.
- Graduate well-prepared for an array of lucrative careers.
- Learn skills necessary for success in graduate or law school.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Interdisciplinary core courses provide students with the skills needed for the job market.
- Financial Advisor
- Business Advisor
- Stock Broker
- Investment Analyst
- Business Journalist