Students in USAO’s physical education program study the latest research on good health practices, the efficient use of body mechanics, and the maintenance and sharpening of the skills needed to participate in physical activities throughout life.
Our physical education program teaches students the ins and outs of fitness regimes that develop motor skills, impart a respect for rules, and teach students to work as part of a team–and as individuals–in a wide variety of competitive activities.
Graduates often pursue successful teaching or coaching careers, and many continue their education in fields such as exercise physiology, sports administration, nutrition, or public and private health management.
Why Major in Physical Education at USAO?
- Learn from diverse and dynamic instructors who inspire you to succeed.
- Join any number of nationally-ranked teams at USAO.
- Hands-on experience in a variety of competitive fitness activities.
- Take advantage of unique offerings like fencing.
- Gain a firm grounding on body mechanics and nutrition.
- Get leadership experience through USAO Athletics.
- Participate in intramural sports.
- Learn skills necessary for success in teaching and coaching.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- College Athletic Director
- Public School Sports Coach
- Athletic Trainer
- Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapist
- Sports Commentator