Science & Arts’s political science program combines courses in public administration, public policy, American government, comparative government, international relations, and political theory to analyze the ideology and practice of political systems as well as political behavior.
Through the study of political science, students develop superior critical-thinking and communication skills as well as an insightful understanding of history, culture, and current events.
Our political science program provides the perfect foundation for students interested in further graduate work, as well as careers in government service, law, or criminal justice. We also offer a pre-professional program for students wishing to pursue a law degree.
Why Major in Political Science at Science & Arts?
- Learn from diverse and dynamic instructors who inspire you to succeed.
- Study theories of political power throughout history.
- Gain insight into political behavior on the individual, small-group, and mass scale.
- Examine the inner workings of the American political process.
- Get real-world experience through internships, externships, and other opportunities.
- Develop exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Learn skills necessary for success in any number of post-graduate programs.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Interdisciplinary core courses provide students with the skills needed for the job market.
- Elected Official
- Political Analyst
- Campaign Advisor
- Speech Writer
- Public Policy Analyst
- Human Rights Advocate
- Political Journalist