USAO’s undergraduate program in speech-language pathology prepares students for graduate study in the field, but also offers an avenue for students interested in pursuing advanced degrees in other health professions, law, psychology, special education, or gerontology.
Our undergraduate degree in speech-language pathology can be completed in three years through a customized degree program provided by an individual academic advisor.
With 47 hours of specialized courses, the program includes both academic and clinical work. USAO’s John A. Morris Speech and Language Clinic allows students a rare opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the discipline while still in college.
Why Major in Speech-Language Pathology at USAO?
- High-demand field.
- Learn from diverse and dynamic instructors who inspire you to succeed.
- Broadly based interdisciplinary curriculum prepares students for the rigor of graduate level training.
- Get real-world clinical experience through clinical practicum assignments in the John A. Morris Speech and Language Clinic.
- Develop exceptional skills in research and analysis.
- Pursue original research with opportunities to present and publish.
- Small classes: expect an atmosphere where your professors know your name.
- Speech-Language Pathologist in any of the following settings:
- Hospitals or skilled nursing facilities
- Early intervention agencies
- Private practice