A respected expert in immunology and preventative medicine, Frances G. Felton graduated from Oklahoma College for Women in 1939 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology. She continued her education at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine earning a Master’s in Science in Preventative Medicine in 1953 and a Ph.D. in Microbiology in 1958. She began her career as a science instructor at Cement High School from 1939-1940. She was a medical technologist at St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, from 1940-44. She returned to Chickasha to work as a serologist for the U.S. War Department at Borden General Hospital, 1944-46. From 1946-53, she worked as chief technologist and microbiologist at the Veterans’ Hospital in Oklahoma City, returning as a consultant for laboratory service, 1974-80. From 1957-80, she worked at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine as Assistant Professor of Research in Microbiology, Laboratory Medicine; Director of Clinical Microbiology; Adjunct Professor of Pathology and Clinical Laboratory Sciences; and Professor of Microbiology and Immunology. In addition to several society memberships, she made presentations at national meetings and had 42 publications in national and international journals.