The first woman to serve as Deputy U.S. Court Clerk for the Northern District of Oklahoma was Marjorie Garrison, a 1930 graduate of Oklahoma College for Women. In 1973, she was appointed Chief Deputy Clerk for the Tenth Circuit which included Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah and New Mexico. In this position, she supervised the work of 10 deputy clerks and was in charge of the appellate records in the District Court Office. She attended graduate school at Oklahoma State University and the University of California. She taught briefly at Oklahoma College for Women, served as director for civilian personnel at an aeronautical school in Muskogee during World War II, and was secretary to J. Paul Getty for three years. She was employed in the court clerk's office in Tulsa in 1948. She was a member of the First Christian Church of Tulsa, president of the Women's Business Guild, active in the Tulsa Town Club and the American Association of University Women.