Thelma Ball Wood spent eight years as a student on the university’s campus, but she spent a lifetime supporting the institution. She graduated from OCW in 1926 with a major in Home Economics and minors in art and chemistry. But she was no stranger to the campus, having also attended the OCW Prep School from 1918-22. While Wood was a student, she served as editor of the Argus, was vice president of her senior class and was a member of the Art Club, YWCA Cabinet and the Home Economics organization. She continued her service to her alma mater as a life member of the Science & Arts Alumni Association, served two terms as the association’s treasurer and as an alumni representative to the Science & Arts Board of Regents. She was also a member of the Science & Arts Alumni Association Golden Endowment Club. She was involved in several improvement projects in the Science & Arts Student Union, including the elevator project and the Alumni Chapel Committee. She was a charter member of the Science & Arts Library Society, a Century Member of the Education Development Fund, and served as a Science & Arts Foundation Board of Trustees board member for nine years and as its secretary. Wood served on the Science & Arts Home Economics Advisory Council, was a member of the Higher Education Alumni Council of Oklahoma, a life member of the Women’s Society of Christian Service of the United Methodist Church, and was active in the American Association of University Woman, Chickasha League of Women Voters and Delphian Study Club. Three years after graduating from OCW, Wood taught home economics and coached a girls basketball team for Cordell High School.