USAO will host the 2014 Vinson Metcalf Basketball Camp, a skills and fundamentals camp for athletes of nearly all ages, during two week-long periods in June.
The camp offers area youth an opportunity to improve their skills and train with college coaches and athletes. Returning members of the Drover basketball team will assist Head Coach Vinson Metcalf and Assistant Coach Chris Francis in the camp.
Campers will have two registration options: a mini camp and a day camp.
• Focus on basic understandings of the sport
• Designed to strengthen player fundamentals
• Ages six through 11
• Registration is $75
• Offered June 2-6 or June 23-27
• Difference is the level of skill improvement and the team aspects the day camp offers
• Each afternoon will feature combination skills and five-on-five team games
• Ages of 12-16
• Registration is $125
• Offered from June 2-6.
All campers will receive a camp T-shirt, and awards will be given to players at each age level in a variety of categories.
Each camper should wear a T-shirt, playing shorts, socks and basketball shoes each day of the camp and should be dropped off and picked up by the appointed times.
For additional information or to register, download the camp brochure!