STEPS TO APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Apply for Admission to the University of Science & Arts of Oklahoma using our online admissions application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible each year after October 1st. Be careful to select the correct application year for when you will attend school.
Things to know regarding the FAFSA:
- You will need to create a U.S. Department of Education FSA ID to sign your FAFSA electronically.
- If possible use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to input your tax information.
- The Federal School Code for Science & Arts is 003167.
- If you have concerns about your current income situation being less than what is reported to your FAFSA, enter the information requested accurately and contact our office after your FAFSA submission.
- If other documentation is needed to complete the financial aid application, the student is contacted.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To receive funding from any of the federal or state student aid programs, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Demonstrate financial need, except for some loan programs.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working on a degree.
- Must not be in default or owe a repayment to any federal program.
- Meet Science & Arts' Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy requirements.
- Certify funds will be used for educational purposes.
In order to receive federal financial aid, you must re-submit the FAFSA for each academic year. The earliest date you may apply for the FAFSA is October 1st.
Students who are currently attending Science & Arts are expected to complete a yearly Financial Aid Office Update form.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT ON MY BILL?
WHERE DOES MY REFUND GO?
Science & Arts and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient one-card solution with the Drover Card. This card acts as both your Student ID and allows you to open an optional checking account which offers free access to Herring Bank ATM’s nationwide. This is the default account for all Science & Arts student disbursements if you do not designate another financial institution.
To make changes to your direct deposit banking institution, log in to your MyUSAO account.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
Do you need online FAFSA help?
Do you need help with your FSA ID?
Do you need to request a copy of your IRS Tax Return Transcript?
Call 800-908-9946 or visit irs.gov
Do you suspect identity theft, fraud, or waste?
Call 800-547-8733 or visit ed.gov/misused
Assistance in planning for a career & college:
Financial planning information:
Do you volunteer? Are you active in community service?
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Vocational Rehabilitation Services