INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS Checklist:
A student from another country must:
- Complete, sign, and submit an online admissions application.
- If English is not the primary language of the country, you must present evidence of
language proficiency in English. There are three ways to present proficiency:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Score 500 or higher on the paper version, 173 on the computer-based version, or 61 on the Internet-based version.
- English Language Testing System (IELTS): Score 5.5 or higher
- Intensive English Program (IEP): Score 460 or higher on the paper version, 140 on the computer-based version, or 48 on the Internet-based version on a TOEFL or a 5.0 or higher on an IELTS administered at a special testing center or international testing center. In addition to these minimum score requirements, the student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 weeks of study at an IEP approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. At least two-thirds of the 12 weeks must be instruction at an advanced level.
- Complete the native country’s requirements and provide third party transcript evaluation. All secondary and post-secondary transcripts from a foreign institution must be officially evaluated. We accept evaluations from WES, InCred, and SpanTran. (Credit hours earned at a United States college or university, admissibility is determined from secondary school info.)
- If transferring from a United States college or university, you must provide an official college or university transcripts and the F-1 Student Transfer Form. (If fewer than 24 credit hours earned, admissibility is determined from secondary school info.) (If transferring 23 credit hours or less, we don’t need requirement #2 (English Language Proficiency), but we will still require secondary school transcript info for NAIA conference purposes if you are an athlete.)
- Test scores such as ACT and/or SAT are optional but must officially be submitted through the ACT website or College Board.
- Certified bank statement showing a balance equivalent of 15,000 US dollars (less any scholarships). Bank statements with the balance can’t be older than 3 months from the date we receive the document.
- Affidavit of Financial Support with the signature of the owner of the back account. (If transferring from a U.S. institution, we only need an official transcript from the transfer institution.)
- The International Health Form must be filled out, signed, and stamped by a physician. USAO recommends that international students carry medical insurance.
- Copy of passport.
All documents can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note that the deadline for receipt of all materials each year is May 1 for that year's fall enrollment.