A student from another country must:
- Complete, sign, and submit an online admissions application.
- Be a graduate of a secondary school and/or college with a GPA of at least 2.0 based on a 4.0 scale.
- Earn a combined SAT score of 1160 or an ACT composite score of 24.
- Complete the native country’s requirements for students who plan to enter school in the United States.
- Present evidence of language proficiency of 500 or higher on paper version of the
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 173 on the computer-based version,
a 61 on the internet version, or a minimum score of 460 on the paper version (140
computer) with 12 weeks of study at an approved English Language Center.
- TOEFL testing centers, dates, and times available online at http://www.ets.org/toefl/
- USAO also accepts the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The required score is a 5.5.
- Furnish a complete transcript in English from a secondary school or college showing date of graduation from a secondary school, and senior secondary school certificate examination results, if applicable.
- Furnish proof of financial ability to travel from home to college and return, and pay all expenses while in school.
- USAO recommends that international students carry medical insurance. Please complete the student medical history form, including immunizations - USAO's Medical Form.
Please note that the deadline for receipt of all materials each year is May 1 for that year's fall enrollment.